Arriving in Ireland/Cork

WE ARE IN IRELAND! This is so amazing. I think I can speak for the entire choir when I say we are exhausted. We left Augsburg early Monday morning and landed in Atlanta around 2pm. After a long layover, we were on an overnight flight to Dublin. This was my first time on a plane so I was all smiles for the entire flight. However, I don’t think much sleep was had by anyone. After arriving in Dublin, we got our bags and hopped on a bus to Cork; I was asleep for the majority of the ride. We stopped and visited our first landmark: the Rock of Cashel. It has stood the tests of time for hundreds of years. We got dozens of great pictures. After the tour, we ate lunch at a restaurant right down the street from the site. Some of the men in the Augsburg Choir sang one of our pieces for the lady running the gift shop – she absolutely loved it.

Upon arriving in Cork, we checked into our hotel and finally had a chance to shower and relax a bit. We had the rest of the night free to roam the town. Our hotel is located right in the middle of the shopping center of Cork. There are so many great places to stop and get a bite to eat or simply grab a pint. I personally walked around for a bit, got some quick food and called it an early night. We just woke up, had a delicious full Irish breakfast and are getting ready to depart for today’s activities. Stay tuned for more!

Skip to toolbar