In today’s competitive job market, it pays to have a leg up on your competition. Good grades, stellar internship reviews and a relevant minor comprise part of the equation. Today, organizations are looking for applicants who go the extra mile. They’re looking for graduates who have started making a name for themselves in their industry before they graduated.
The SEO Expert Scholarship can help you showcase your knowledge and talent while also providing some much-needed funds to finish your education. It’s designed for juniors, seniors and graduate students majoring in business, communications and web-based technology who have a passion for educating others about search engine optimization, online marketing and the future of online business tools.
We will award one scholarship in the amount of $10,000 to the candidate who writes the best essay about SEO. Applicants should be majoring in one of the following fields (or an equivalent):
- Web-based technology
A panel of SEO Expert leadership will choose 20 finalists. Finalists may be asked to participate in a phone interview. The top finalist will be awarded the $10,000 scholarship, which can be used for any educational expenses.
To be eligible for an SEO Expert scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a junior, senior or graduate student majoring in business, communications or a web-based technology
- Hold a 2.75 grade point average
- Write a 1,500 to 2,000 word article about a topic relevant to search engine optimization and online marketing
- Authorize SEO Expert permission to publish their essay on itswebsite
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
Applications will be accepted from July 15, 2016 through December 31, 2016. The winner will be announced on April 1, 2017. All applications must include:
- A 1,500 to 2,000 word essay about a topic relevant to SEO or online marketing that meets the below requirements
- Agreement to the terms and conditions of this Scholarship Program, available by clicking here. This grants SEO Expert full, irrevocable rights to the essay
- A 100-word bio
- A headshot from your smartphone, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn page
- A link to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blog, or LinkedIn page