- We are proud to announce the Reiff & Bily Law Firm Scholarship, a $1000 award designed to assist a promising candidate achieve their dream of becoming an attorney.
- Applicants must submit their information by July 1, 2015.
- This scholarship is offered yearly, so if you miss July 1, you can apply for next year.
- Link to further instructions and criteria: http://www.reiffandbily.com/
May 21, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · Law
May 21, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · Uncategorized
To better help underprivileged students further their education, we are now extending our ongoing essay contest to both undergraduate and high school participants. We are looking for meaningful essays from students on the topic of their favorite field of study. We will award a $1,000 prize to the winning submission, which will be made payable to that individual’s school/university. For more information you can view the details on this page of our site:
May 21, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · Law
- OklahomaLawyer.com Make Us Proud Scholarship
- July 31, 2015
Criteria for eligibility
- Must be a high school senior, college freshman or sophomore.
- High school senior: graduating in 2015.
- College freshman or sophomore: Enrolled in a college and has completed no more than 60 credit hours.
- Must be a U.S. citizen living in the U.S. and attending school in the U.S.
A 140 word essay
on a topic related to one of Hasbrook & Hasbrook’s nine practice areas. (details on the scholarship page)
- 140-character tweet-worthy summary of the essay
- Create a cover page (details on the scholarship page)
To submit an entry
- Include your cover page, essay and tweet as a single document and save it as a PDF. Make sure all of the information requested above is contained in your single PDF.
- Attach your PDF and a photo of yourself and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Make sure your photo has your name in the filename. Your email should contain just two attachments: one PDF and one photo.
Please visit the following page for complete details: http://www.
May 21, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · Uncategorized
The scholarship requires that students act as caregivers for an aging or elderly loved-one while attending an accredited two or four year university. To apply, students will submit a 1500 word essay detailing their caregiving journey. Three (3) winners will receive $1500, which can be spent on tuition and/or books. For further detail, and to view the scholarship agreement, please visit: https://www.caring.com/
May 6, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · General, Graduate Students
- High school senior entering college, current college students, or graduate school
- Student must have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age
- Applicants must be legal residents or citizen of the United States.
Submissions Will Be Judged On:
Your Video will be judged on the level of creativity and persuasiveness, as well as its content.
- Create a YouTube video (less than 5 minutes please). Include in the video:
- Tell us about yourself, why we should awarded you with our scholarship. Be creative, be unique, express your personality.
- Tell us why you’re seeking a degree in your field, and why our scholarship interested you.
- Upload your video to YouTube with the title “$1000 HeadsetPlus.com College Scholarship Program”
- In the description of the video include a link to this page or www.HeadsetPlus.com
- Once your video has been uploaded, email the active YouTube link to email@example.com along with the following information:
- Your full name, mailing address, and phone number
- Proof you have been accepted to an accredited college or university. (i.e. acceptance letter) or
- Proof you’re currently attending an accredit university (include current college transcript)
- Your GPA (transcript showing your GPA)
By submitting your application, you are giving HeadsetPlus.com the permission to use and display your video for marketing and promotional purposes.
You may also visit and “like” our Facebook page
December 31, 2015
One winner will be selected by January 15, 2016. We run this $1000 HeadsetPlus.com scholarships program every year.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL ABOUT THIS SCHOLARSHIP.
May 6, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · General
HotelsCheap.org is awarding a need-based scholarship of $1,500 to college students. We at Hotelscheap understand that financing your education can be difficult; as a result we would like to lend a hand.
To apply for the scholarship, he or she must answer four personal, open-ended, and thought-provoking questions. The students whose responses are the most persuasive, compelling, and well-written, as judged by our executive management team will be considered finalists.
Visit our website to apply: http://www.hotelscheap.org/scholarship/apply
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2015
Award Amount: $1,500.00
May 1, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · Cultural, General, Study Abroad, Uncategorized
UK Passport Services – Financial Aid Competition
An exciting new travel-writing competition has been launched by ukpassportservices.co.uk with a first prize award of $500. United States or UK Students who are study abroad are invited to submit an essay based on our suggested title and the winning entry may be in line for a financial aid award. UK Passport Services are obviously heavily involved in helping people to travel the globe and we would like you to write an engaging and thought-provoking essay based on the suggested title.
The suggested essay title is: Different Perceptions – Destinations that are not actually the way you imagined them to be. A good example of this would be the city of Medellin in Colombia. This former cocaine capital is now a tourist-friendly destination and a model metropolis, which is very different to how you might imagine it would be. We would like you to write about a destination that you may have visited or know about, which is actually very different when you get there, in comparison to pre-conceived and general perceptions about your chosen destination.
Applying for entry
Please complete our online application form: http://www.ukpassportservices.co.uk/financial-aid-program-2015-form/.
More information about this scholarship can be found on the scholarship webpage: http://www.ukpassportservices.co.uk/financial-aid-program-2015/.
May 1, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · Business, General
For over 20 years, The Kaplan Group has had extensive experience solving problems and negotiating B2B transactions for clients large and small. Now, we want to give back. We see value in continuous education and helping students grow. Because of this, The Kaplan Group is offering a $1,000 scholarship to any undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a business or law-oriented degree program. For the below information and more, please refer to the scholarship website: http://www.kaplancollectionagency.com/scholarship/.
Please choose one of the two 600 word essays below to complete the application. Submit your essay as a PDF with a title page including the following information:
- Field of Study
- Year of School
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Name your essay file as follows:
- lastname-firstname-essay-1.pdf (for essay #1)
- lastname-firstname-essay-2.pdf (for essay #2)
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the short survey on the following website: http://www.kaplancollectionagency.com/scholarship/
Topic 1 – Financial Statements & Business Models
Understanding how to view and analyze a financial statement is one of the most fundamental skills necessary to succeed in business. In 600 words, please tell us about a past business you have worked for and which financial statement you think is the most important to their business and why. Feel free to refer to our Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis modules if you need to learn more or brush up on your financial statement basics.
Topic 2 – Should You Sue Your Customer?
Customers are the lifeblood of every business. We work day after day to find, attract, and retain our customers. But what happens when the customer does not pay and you get stiffed with the bill? As a B2B collection agency, The Kaplan Group sees these situations daily. Unfortunately, the alternative of going to court needs to be considered in many of the claims placed with our collection agency. Often times these neglected invoices can be collected without relying on the legal process, but unfortunately some of our clients eventually face the decision of whether or not to sue a customer that is long past due on payments. To address this type of situation, we created a flowchart that answers the question: “Should you sue your customer?” Please review the flowchart and write 600 words telling us each of the following:
- One situation where you SHOULD sue your customer.
- One situation where you SHOULD NOT sue your customer.
In each scenario, explain what major factors you considered when determining whether or not to pursue a lawsuit. Be creative – simply repeating what is in the flowchart will not result in a winning essay.
- Deadline for Entry: Sunday, July 26, 2015
- Scholarship Award Date: Monday, August 10, 2015
- Number of Winners Selected: 1 winner of a $1,000 scholarship
- Minimum GPA Requirement: 2.50
- Eligible Fields of Study: MBA, Finance, Accounting, Law, Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Business Administration.
- Eligible Schools: Any accredited 2 year or 4 year college or university in the USA including graduate programs
April 24, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · Uncategorized
The New Hope Women of Today are pleased to again be able to offer the Lavon H. Cooper Scholarship for the 2015-2016 school year. This scholarship is for graduates of Robbinsdale District 281, Robbinsdale, MN. Funds for the scholarship are raised through our annual Cooper craft fair which is held the last Saturday in October. Students must have completed at least two years of post high school education and have a GPA of 3.0 or better. We ask for your help in getting the word out to any students you may have from District 281. The district includes the cities of Robbinsdale, New Hope, Plymouth, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley and Brooklyn Center all in Minnesota. This year the application is on our website at: http://www.newhopewt.blogspot.com/p/lavon-h-cooper-district-281-scholarship.html. Students will need to print it out, fill it out and mail it to the address on the application. The scholarship range is $300.00 – 1000.00.
April 8, 2015 by Shannon Kasperson · No Comments · General, Graduate Students
This general scholarship is open to students enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university. With your assistance spreading the news, we hope to make our scholarship available to as many eligible students as possible.
SeniorAdvisor.com: Future of Assisted Living Scholarship. Two $2,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university. Each eligible student must submit a 500-750 word essay response to the question: How can your major of study improve the lives of seniors in assisted living facilities in your town? The deadline is December 31, 2015. Scholarship award recipients will be announced January 31, 2016.
Essay topics an scholarship details can be found on the SeniorAdvisor.com Assisted Living page; this is an annual scholarship and will be offered every year.
For more information, visit: https://www.senioradvisor.com/ind/assisted-living#VD1zmC4AADAAdvp_