About Our Scholarship
College is expensive. The rising costs of higher education has made it difficult for college students and families to afford an education. At LendEDU, we help students find financial aid, scholarships, and student loans. While our primary business is student loans, we try to help all of our students find other sources of funding before using student loan debt. Unlike student loans, scholarship awards do not need to be paid back. Scholarships are free money and can go a long way when used correctly.
We are excited to offer our very own scholarship this fall. The LendEDU Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship award. Our scholarship can be used to cover any and all costs related to your education. The LendEDU Scholarship can be used to cover tuition, textbooks, room and board, and even living expenses. The LendEDU Scholarship will be awarded to 2 students this spring.
Who is Eligible?
The LendEDU Scholarship is available for high school seniors and current college students.
Please see the eligibility criteria below:
- Must be a current high school senior or a full-time college student
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be earning a minimum 2.5 GPA in high school or college
How to Apply
Visit their webpage: https://lendedu.com/blog/scholarship-application/
How do I apply?
In order to apply for the scholarship, students should submit an essay between 500 and 1,000 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. The essay must address the following topic:
- The United States experiences millions of car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents every year, many resulting in serious injuries to the drivers and their passengers.
- Write an essay describing what safety precautions and traffic laws should be emphasized and how you plan to educate the public on the importance of these precautions and laws.
- Please write your essay in a 12-point font, double spaced, and submit your essay either as a Microsoft Word document or as a PDF file.
- In addition to your essay, please write a brief paragraph describing the school program you are attending or are planning to attend. The scholarship is open to students pursuing all degrees or majors in any field.
Visit their webpage for more information: http://www.phillyinjurylawyer.com/scholarship/#top
New Year’s 2016
Once a year, the legal team at DeShon Laraye Pullen PLC awards a scholarship to students pursuing higher education. The scholarship is offered to students in a wide range of fields. Whether you are entering college, graduate school or another academic program, submit your essay to be considered for our annual scholarship.
$1,000 Annual Scholarship Criteria
To be eligible for this year’s academic scholarship, you must:
- Submit your essay on or before Jan. 1st, 2016 (submissions made after Jan. 1st will not be accepted)
- Be applying for college or an accredited program for the following year or be currently enrolled for the following full academic year
- Submit through the form located on their website and upload your essay via Word or text document
The topic for this year’s essay is as follows:
- Why does education matter to your community?
For answers to questions about the scholarship, call us at 602-626-9552.
Or visit their webpage at http://www.deshonpullenlaw.com/Scholarship.shtml
General Scholarship for Higher Learning: Spring 2016
HotelsCheap.org is awarding a need-based scholarship of $1,500 to college students. We at Hotelscheap understand that financing your education can be difficult; as a result we would like to lend a hand.
To apply for the scholarship, he or she must answer four personal, open-ended, and thought-provoking questions. The students whose responses are the most persuasive, compelling, and well-written, as judged by our executive management team will be considered finalists.
Submission Deadline: April 15, 2016
Award Amount: $1,500.00
For more information: http://www.hotelscheap.org/scholarship/apply
Scholarship essay contest topic and eligibility
The Kenneth P. Carp college scholarship is open to individuals who are planning to attend or currently enrolled in an accredited United States college or university. In order to participate, applicants must submit a 500-word essay answering the following question:
The economic downturn of 2007-2008 resulted in a significant increase in the unemployment rate in the United States. According to some statistics, people who are unemployed tend to stay unemployed for longer than they have done in the past. In response to this issue, Congress has passed legislation in the past to extend the amount of time that unemployed people can receive benefits. Critics of unemployment benefits extensions argue that they do not work and actually incentivize people to remain unemployed, while supporters argue that they are necessary to ensure social stability and actually promotes economic recovery. What do you believe about the issue of extending unemployment benefits, and why?
For more information please visit: http://www.kcarplaw.com/scholarship/
1. Write an essay
2. Promote your entry
3. Winners chosen every month
For more information: http://www.varsitytutors.com/college-scholarship
We want to see what you, a design student, can do with what could be “just another common household item” – a tabletop planter box. The winner of the scholarship will receive $1,000, and we’ll also develop a prototype of your design for you to keep.
Design instructions: Your design should be smaller than 2 feet by 2 feet. The design will be produced from fiberglass, which means one side will need to fit into a mold, without undercuts. CAD drawings and design sketches with reference dimensions will be accepted. Please submit 1-2 paragraphs to accompany and explain your design.
All designs must be submitted by midnight on 5/31/2016.
Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors:
- Applicant must have a cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale and be enrolled full-time at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for Spring 2016.
- Applicant must use the scholarship toward undergraduate program (i.e. Graduate and Masters programs not eligible).
- Applicants must be studying or planning to study design.
- If the applicant or the applicant’s parent/legal guardian is employed by Greentech Innovations, Inc. at the time of award, the student is not eligible for the scholarship. Eligibility of finalists will be verified before winners are selected.
Description of Scholarship Funds
The selected winner will receive a one-time $1,000 educational scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including graduate and undergraduate tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board for the 2016-2017 academic year. Funds are provided by Digital Third Coast Internet Marketing. Payments issued by Digital Third Coast Internet Marketing are made payable to the student’s approved college or university and mailed after 6/30/2016 directly to the accredited college or university last designated by the student.
For more information: https://www.potsplantersandmore.com/garden-variety-scholarship-s/1919.htm